Facebook has changed the world, and it’s much bigger than business. Ask any American high school student what happens when a friend posts a relationship status change. It rattles the very foundation of teenagers’ lives. The news spreads in seconds. Why? Because everyone has a smart phone — well, almost everyone.
In business, we use Facebook to put our brand in front of potential patients. The hope is, by engaging with current patients on Facebook, we’ll be seen by their Facebook friends. It makes sense, then, that Facebook only works if your brand is visible. To improve visibility, I recommend trying these tips to make your practice more “like”-able.
- Website Integration – link from your websites to Facebook
- Blog About Your Page – every few months, feature a cool Facebook post on your blog
- In-Room Posters – print off the big F logo with your unique Facebook URL in bold and post the signs in your treatment rooms, lobby, at the check-out and check-in desks, and in the batrhooms
- Email Signature Link – add your Facebook page link to your email signature
- Check-In Coupon – create a free coupon through Facebook to reward patients who check in with Facebook from your office
- On Collateral – all of your print materials, from business cards to advertisements, should have the F logo
- On Videos – don’t forget to include the F logo and your unique URL on the contact us slide in your videos
- Monthly Drawings for Fans – select a fan from your Facebook “like” list each month and give the special person a $5 gift certificate to a local bakery or coffee house
- Post Pictures – everyone loves to see themselves online, so take photos of your patients and post them on Facebook (with permission, of course)
- Get Kids Involved – even if you don’t like treating children, the fact is, kids know Facebook better than anyone; when you have a tween or teen in your office, ask him for Facebook tips!
As an experienced dental marketing expert and COO at Modern Dental Practice Marketing, I believe that these tips will increase your visibility on Facebook. Over the years, Facebook has evolved, but most dentists aren’t up to speed. I’d be happy to explain any of these recommendations in more detail. Just call or email me, and I’ll answer all of your questions. You can reach me, Jill, at 972-781-8861.