I have asked this question thousands of times through the years: What sets your dental practice apart from others? Funny thing is, most dentists (if not all) say that one-on-one attention and customer service make their dental practice better.
“Better” is a bad word when discussing dentists. I know that you have a respected peer relationship with other dentists in your area. However, you’re a dentist and I’m a dental marketing expert. One of us has to consider your peers competition. Let it be me.
My point is, the attention and service your team provide to patients may be head and shoulders above your competitors’, but: A) no one will know until they become your patient; B) so the only time it matters is in word-of-mouth or testimonial marketing; C) surely there is something else that truly sets you apart – something measurable or tangible. Find it. Show it off.
- What training and certifications do you have that others may not?
- What experience do you have (even life, not career, experiences) that others do not?
- What training and experiences do your team members have that others may not?
- What technology does your office offer that others may not?
- Do you have before and after photos or videos for your marketing?
- Are your labs extraordinary, or do you have an in-office lab?
- What conveniences do you offer? (parking, online forms, payment plans, kids’ play area, etc.)
- What comforts do you offer? (anesthesia, sedation, ergonomic chairs, sunglasses, iPods, neck pillows, paraffin hand treatment, etc.)
Also consider, if the people who work for you and the people you care for do truly make your office different than others, you should focus on these people in your marketing. Here are some ideas:
- A staff page featuring staff members at home, on vacation, etc.
- Videos about your staff members.
- Quotes from staff members about treatment and patient care
- A community page featuring you, your team, and your patients working in the community
- A patient showcase page featuring news and thank you’s to your patient
- A testimonial page featuring videos, cards, and print testimonials from patients
The ideas are limitless, and implementation of them is our job! Call Modern Dental Practice Marketing today at 972-781-8861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to showcase what TRULY sets your practice apart.