What is self branding? Well, it’s just what it sounds like: branding yourself.
Why do I need to brand myself? That completely depends on what you want out of your future. Some common reasons for self branding are:
- You’re an associate dentist or partner who will go into private practice at some point.
- You hope to become a speaker, consultant, author, or celebrity.
- You want a personal following in case you move your practice to a new location.
- You are a dental student who will practice with a group, as an assistant, or independently.
- You are a professional and deserve a professional identity. Your skills are transferable, but make sure that your name is transferable, as well.
All too often, we see partnerships dissolve. Dentists who worked under a practice name move on to establish a private practice of a new name, and they have no history of publicity. No one knows who they are. Imagine being in this situation, but having 400 Facebook fans and 1000 hits on your blog each month. Now that would give you a great place to start.
It’s about being smart and staying ahead of the game. Read More