It’s a great question. At first glance, commenting on a blog post seems kinda like throwing your two cents into a conversation where you don’t know the players. If you aren’t the type of guy or gal to butt into a conversation you weren’t invited to, you probably don’t post comments. In addition to feeling uninvited, commenting on a blog is a risk. You’re putting your name out there with your opinion…and what if you find out later that your opinion was wrong? If you throw in your two cents, will you have to eat your words?
Stop feeling scared or weird about posting comments. As long as you post kind responses, useful information, and gentle opinions, it’ll be fine. Never rant, berate, belittle, or fudge the truth.
If you follow the golden rule, commenting on dentistry or community-focused blogs is great—no SUPERB—for business. Here’s why:
- The comment can link back to your website
- The comment gets your name in front of people (great for publicity)
- The more comments you have out in cyberspace, the greater the SEO benefits
- Commenting can lead to mutually beneficial relationships (with patients, doctors, or industry professionals)
- When you post comments, people often reciprocate by posting comments on your blog… which looks great to visitors
“Well, that’s all fine and good,” you say, “but where do I find dental or community-focused blogs to comment on?”
Another great question. Here’s a great answer:
- On your Facebook Fan page
That should be enough to keep you busy for a while!
And if your next thought is, “Time, woman! I have no time!” then I’m glad you’re here. I’m also not offended that you referred to me as “woman.” I take it as a compliment. My dental copywriters and I would be happy to post comments on your behalf if you have an MDPM website blog. We’ll also setup and maintain the comments on your blog, as well as your Facebook account and local listings. It’s a sweet deal. We do it all. Read More