Some folks call it a tagline, others call it a motto or slogan. What we’re talking about here is the short phrase that follows your practice name. The little cluster of words tagged onto the end of your message. For instance, Modern Dental Practice Marketing’s tagline is: We’re in the Business to Make Dentists Smile!
Can you remember the companies for these taglines?
- Over 10 billion served
- Always low prices
- You’re in good hands
- Don’t leave home without it
- Something special in the air
- Good to the last drop
- Zoom Zoom
- Just do it
- The nighttime sniffling sneezing coughing aching stuffy head fever so you can rest medicine
- That was easy
I want to talk with you about how to come up with a good, catchy tagline for your small business or dental practice.
To gather the clouds for a good brainstorm, read your mission statement, philosophy, and/or vision. Write down single words that represent your practice.
- Think about some of the jingles and taglines that you easily recall from television, radio, and signage. Write them down.
- Consider words that represent your practice or clients, and write them down. (For MDPM, these words were smile, dentist, marketing, profits, service.) Read More