I have asked this question thousands of times through the years: What sets your dental practice apart from others? Funny thing is, most dentists (if not all) say that one-on-one attention and customer service make their dental practice better.
“Better” is a bad word when discussing dentists. I know that you have a respected peer relationship with other dentists in your area. However, you’re a dentist and I’m a dental marketing expert. One of us has to consider your peers competition. Let it be me.
My point is, the attention and service your team provide to patients may be head and shoulders above your competitors’, but: A) no one will know until they become your patient; B) so the only time it matters is in word-of-mouth or testimonial marketing; C) surely there is something else that truly sets you apart – something measurable or tangible. Find it. Show it off.
- What training and certifications do you have that others may not?
- What experience do you have (even life, not career, experiences) that others do not?
- What training and experiences do your team members have that others may not?
- What technology does your office offer that others may not?
- Do you have before and after photos or videos for your marketing?
- Are your labs extraordinary, or do you have an in-office lab?
- What conveniences do you offer? (parking, online forms, payment plans, kids’ play area, etc.)
- What comforts do you offer? (anesthesia, sedation, ergonomic chairs, sunglasses, iPods, neck pillows, paraffin hand treatment, etc.) Read More