Why do you have to choose? Truth is, both types of marketing could really boost your patient base—and retention—in the Dallas – Fort Worth area. And never forget, the whole point is to leave an impression! Tried and true, good ol’ boy advertising does not appeal to the younger generation…the technical gurus who invest money in their health and appearance.
So let’s look at the balancing act between Internet and community marketing for dentists:
Internet Marketing for Dentists
- Web marketing should start with a website that ranks well on Google for the keywords your potential patients most often use.
- Beyond that, social networking, like Facebook and Twitter can be beneficial. However, you and your team have to use these resources correctly. Just posting random thoughts on a Facebook Fan Page and Tweeting about an article you read won’t effectively promote your dental practice. At MDPM, we offer one-on-one coaching for you and your team, so you can learn how to fit social networking into your schedule and get the most pop for your posts. There’s a simple formula that’s easy to manage, and you’ll find it highly effective.
- You’ll also need a blog that feeds onto your Facebook page. The blog should be updated with keyword-rich, relevant posts at least once a week. The MDPM dental copywriters can make posts on your behalf, or I can teach you and your team how to write solid blog posts that appeal to dental patients and search engine spiders.
That’s a synopsis of web marketing for dentists. But when you consider that the Internet is international and your practice is local, you can see that community promotions are a necessary component to an effective dental practice marketing strategy—particularly in North Texas towns, like Keller, Colleyville, Southlake, Grapevine, Murphy, and Frisco. We’re in Texas, and what rules Friday nights? Football. That’s right. (more…)
Is your marketing plan based on a monkey-see, monkey-do philosophy? Do you hear about things like Facebook, blogs, and branding, and think, Wow. I really need to get in on that!
In truth, you do need to get in on it. But copying the marketing tactics of other dental practices won’t get you to the top.
Take this quiz… Just say yes or no.
- I advertise in the phone book.
- I have a website, but I don’t update it.
- I don’t have a blog.
- I don’t have a practice Facebook Page.
- I don’t know how to use social networking.
- I’ve never had a successful marketing event.
- I don’t have the time or money to hire a marketing person.
- My practice doesn’t have a brand.
- My patients use the Internet and smart phones.
- I’d like to increase my patient base and my retention rate.
If you answered “yes” to any of these points, it’s time to move your marketing plan past monkey.
“But,” you say, “I don’t have time to deal with this.” I know! Just running your dental office, you wear many hats: managing doctor, human resources manager, marketing manager, customer service director, and more… and at some point, you’d like to spend time with your family.
What’s the solution?
Outsource the marketing director position for your practice. You’ll save money and–with Modern Dental Practice Marketing–get results. With many years of experience in marketing and dental copywriting, I will leverage technology and networking to grow your business. We’ll start with a custom marketing plan that includes excellent web, print, and promotional components tailored to fit your one-of-a-kind dental practice. Then, while you work for your patients, I’ll work for your business.
It’s this kind of strategy that will get you ahead–and keep your practice growing for years to come.
Welcome to Modern Dental Practice Marketing. While you’re on the website, take a look around to see what we have to offer.
Want to talk? Have questions? Call 940.395.5115 to schedule a consultation in the Fort Worth area. There’s no obligation. I’ll personally interview you about your practice goals and current marketing plan, then provide a practical and affordable strategy to move your marketing strategy past monkey and straight to success!