The goal of an online marketing strategy and an active social media presence is to find leads and, hopefully, convert those leads into clients. Improving SEO can help people find your website, but you need to know your audience to convert those leads. There are a number of ways you can better know your audience, online and in real life.
Understanding Your Target Audience
- Check out your competition: Understanding your competition and how they attract new clients can help you improve your marketing strategy. Who is your competition? Are they more successful? What strategies do they use to communicate with their clients? How does this differ from your approach?
- Be active on social media: One way to reach your patients and, hopefully, draw in new ones is to talk to them! Social media provides a unique opportunity to share information and gather opinions. Look at what social media posts draw the most likes and comments to see what subjects tend to really grab your clients. Take advantage of the unique opportunity social media offers to better understand your audience.
- Engage your clients: Don’t limit engagement to the internet. When patients come into your practice or when clients visit your business, talk to them. Get to know them on a personal level and take an interest in their lives and their stories. You can forge a connection with your patients, which will make them more likely to continue to seek your services and tell their friends and family about your business.
- Offer surveys: Consider offering a brief survey, either online or as patients check out and leave. Ask direct questions regarding your services. The answers will help you understand what can be changed, and what is working.
- Create your ideal customer: Before starting your online marketing strategy, try to envision the client/patient you hope to attract. Are they adults or children? What is their income level? What treatments or services will these ideal clients be seeking? Answering these few questions about your hypothetical client/patient can help you decide which techniques you should employ as part of your SEO and social media strategies.
Like anything worth doing, understanding the world of SEO takes time and dedication. But it shouldn’t take time away from running your business or practice. We make your online marketing, SEO, reputation management, and other vital strategies our top priority, so let us take your marketing to the next level. Give Jill a call at (972) 781-8861, or send us an email at Jill@mdpmconsulting.com. We’re here to help!