What’s the key to SEO? I’ll give you a hint: it is not keywords or links. No, with Google’s latest algorithm update, content is now king. Quality content, which includes informative and well-written copy or blog posts, offers the best chance of improving SEO. We recommend clients operate a blog as a way to provide fresh content that Google can crawl and index. There are a number of ways to offer better blog content to attract readers and, hopefully, future leads.
5 Tips for Better Blog Content
- Ask Questions: Ask questions with your blog titles and in your introductory paragraph, questions that patients or clients often ask you. Remember, however, that you need to answer these questions in your blog post!
- Include Fascinating Facts: Remember, your audience is typically unfamiliar with your practice, services, or field of expertise. Share fascinating facts, or reveal information they may not know. By doing this you gain a reputation as an expert and may gain a few readers (and hopefully patients) along the way.
- Change Up Your Formatting: Don’t stick with the same blog format every time. Shake things up. Break up those blocks of text with quizzes, guides, FAQs, or other fun formats. Don’t forget pictures or videos, which readers enjoy and can help make a blog post less intimidating.
- Write Like You Speak: While you are an expert in your field, you should have a relaxed but professional tone with your blogs. After all, how would you talk to your patients? You would be friendly and engaging, so your blogs should reflect that and offer the same tone of voice.
- Build Suspense: This doesn’t just apply to fiction or screenplays. Even blogs and other nonfiction work can build suspense. Simply ask a question in the title and intro paragraph, then parcel out information, and finish with a clear answer to the issue posed. Build suspense and you can hook your reader.
Don’t Have Time to Write?
That’s what we’re here for! MDPM Consulting has a team ready to provide copy for your website. In addition, our bloggers can also create a steady stream of well written and original content, personalized for your business or practice. For more information, contact our team today.
Want to learn more about technical SEO or content marketing? Don’t have time for an online presence, but know you need one? Contact MDPM Consulting so we can help! Call or email Jill today at 972-781-8861 or email@example.com.