The 6th annual B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends— North America study found that 88 percent of B2B marketers and at least 76 percent of B2C marketers used content marketing in 2015. What does that tell us? More and more businesses of all types are embracing content marketing to attract new clients and grow. Are you interested in making 2016 a great content marketing year? The answer is yes, and – as a content marketing firm – we have a few tips to help you make the most of your content marketing efforts this year.
Make Sure Your Strategy is Sound
Content is king. Have you heard? In today’s ever-changing (and ever-competitive world of SEO) a strong content strategy – and execution, of course – is your best asset.
Think of your content as signals to Google that your website is worth paying attention to. Every time your website is updated with new content (a new page, a blog post, etc.), it signals to Google that it’s time for your website to be crawled again. Every crawl is an opportunity for your site to be indexed and – hopefully – ranked in search results for the terms/topics you’re targeting.
Understand Changes in SEO
A lot of changes are coming in 2016. Along with Google’s updated Penguin and Panda algorithms, SEOs and search engine marketers are finding new factors to take into account:
- Voice Search: With smartphones becoming the primary means of searching online, more people are using programs like Siri or Cortana to search. Therefore, queries are being voiced as questions, so keyword phrases and long tail keywords are more important than ever.
- Episodic Content: When it comes to online content, we have very short attention spans. More websites are embracing episodic content by taking larger blogs or videos and breaking them into several smaller parts released daily or weekly. Easy-to-digest pieces of content are very sharable and easy to engage with, especially when posted to social media.
- Social Content Indexing: Google and Facebook recently reached an agreement allowing some social media content to be indexed. This means sharing your content on a variety of social media accounts can potentially be a major factor in improving rankings.
What Makes Great Visual Content?
What should your online content contain to ensure good visual esthetics and sharability? We recommend:
- Including pictures or videos
- Breaking up blocks of text
- Using clear and simple titles that are less than 60 characters
- Incorporating graphs and data
There’s a lot of emphasis put on content when it comes to online marketing. It’s an important part of your web presence management efforts, and – when done correctly – a little can go a long way. Effective content marketing is a time commitment and takes a lot of know-how. Here at MDPM, we know content marketing. Let us help you take your blogging, writing, and online publishing for your dental practice to new heights in 2016.
Do you have questions about SEO and content marketing? Do you want to improve your overall strategy for 2016? Call us at (972) 781-8861 or send an email to Jill@mdpmconsulting.com, and we can help offer solutions, or answer your questions.