Why should a dentist have a blog?
- Google holds over 93% of the market share for search engines, and Google Webmaster Tools Blog tells us that content is king. By providing Google with original, informative blogs about dentistry, you will be rewarded with higher rankings on search engine results pages. Higher rankings mean more visibility to potential patients, and, thus, more new patients for your practice.
How will people find my blog?
- Every blog post will reside on a unique URL, like www.drsoandso.com/myblogpost. Over time, regular blogging will give you an extensive archive of posts, and all of the posts will be individually indexed by Google. If someone searches for the keyword phrase “white dental fillings in Dallas,” and you happened to blog on this particular topic, that blog will come up in Google’s search results, and the inquirer will be presented with a link to the post. The more topics you cover on your blog, the wider your blanket of keyword phrases will become.
- You should put your blog’s domain and link on your website, microsites, and social networking profiles. Include it with your website link on printed materials and signage, as well. While you probably will not get many blog visitors from this type of promotion, every little bit helps.
Who will write my blogs?
- You or a team member can write blogs.
- If you don’t have time to blog and don’t want to cut into an employee’s schedule, we can write for you. At our DFW studios, Modern Dental Practice Marketing has a trained and competent team of dental copywriters who understand clinical dentistry, online marketing, and dental advertising guidelines. We can assign you a content manager who will consistently write and post clinically accurate, search engine optimized blogs on your behalf.
- Another option is to have an MDPM content manager post on a rigid schedule, and you supplement by submitting or posting your own blogs when your schedule allows. We can train you to use the WordPress blogging administrative panel, or you can submit your blogs to your content manager can post
What can I expect from blogging?
- Results can be measured in traffic to your blog, as well as increased traffic to your websites and microsites because Google will credit your sites for the backlinks from your blog. Your expanded online presence will also please Google.
- The number of times you blog per week is directly related to the amount of traffic, and as a result new patients, that you could receive. At a minimum, you should post one blog per week, and to make the most of your efforts, place the blog’s link on your Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages. I recommend that you blog 3-5 times per week. The more blogs you have, the larger your overall online presence, and the more pages Google can index for you.
If you need a blog, website, logo, social networking help, videos, or a dental copywriter, call Modern Dental Practice Marketing today at 972-781-8861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to review your Internet presence and provide feedback on how to improve your online marketing strategy.