It’s sad but true, you don’t own Google. You can’t make Google list your website at the top of organic and local results pages. Sure, you can pay for Adwords, but most dentists I know don’t get great ROI from Adwords campaigns.
Enter Modern Dental Marketing. We don’t own Google, either, but we do spend our days listening to what the Google gods have to teach. In short, our job is to help your dental practice rank high on Google’s organic and local results.
Organic results: The non-paid listings found above and below Google Places results. To rank high organically, your website needs solid, unique information, it must be build to cater to search bots, and you need a blog with original text in daily posts that incorporate your target keywords.
Adwords: Also called PPC or Pay Per Click; Google’s paid listing service based on keywords you choose. Price is based on popularity of keywords, and you pay each time your ad is clicked.
Local results: Listings under Google Places, denoted by a red map pin.
Since the World Wide Web is global, and your dental practice is local, local search results should be a priority for you.
So here’s what you need to do…
- Claim your Google Map/Google Places listing
- Complete your profile completely
- Add original photos and videos
- Include as much information as you can, using your location and keywords
- Ask patients to submit testimonials to your Google Places listing (Don’t fake it. Google knows all!)
- Use Google Places interactively – respond to testimonials and post updates
- Request a link swap with other local business owners; they put your link on their site, you put yours on theirs
- Claim other local listings, like your HealthGrades profile, and complete your profile completely
- Try to get your link on your local newspaper’s website. You might do this by offering a free article or commenting on articles.
- If you are a member of the Chamber of Commerce, make sure your website link is on their member list
If you need assistance with any of these, call a dental marketing consultant (we recommend us). Modern dental practice marketing will help you rank high organically and locally. You can reach Jill at 972-781-8861.