If your blog has been too clinical lately — or if it seems salesy — get personal. I recommend you use your dental blog to connect with patients, and potential patients, on a more personal level by featuring profiles of your team members. Here’s a sample employee profile blog that MDPM wrote for one of our amazing dentists.
- Full Name
- Universities & Degrees
- Years in Current Position
- Related Previous Experience
- Job Duties
- What You Love About Your Career
- What You Love About Your Patients
- Continuing Ed (most recent)
- Association Memberships
- Volunteer Activities
- Favorite Quote
- Can we use one of your Facebook photos for the blog?
If your employees don’t want their full name, family info, or photo on the blog, that’s okay. However, it’s best to use as much information as possible to make the blog post interesting. You can swap out the “Favorite Quote” bullet with favorite song, movie, time of year, celebrity smile, sports team, or whatever. It’s nice to keep this question consistent on all profiles, though.
Once you’ve gathered the completed interviews, simply write a few paragraphs using the information. If you’re not sure how to get started, use this formula for composing the profile blogs:
- Title: Meet [Full Name, Title]
- Paragraph One: Professional information + education + job duties
- Paragraph Two: Favorite work things + volunteer organizations + associations
- Paragraph Three: Hometown + family + hobbies
- Last Paragraph: Favorite quote (or whatever you chose for this bullet)
- Include a photo on the top right or left, and wrap the text around the photo.
If you’d like help with your blog, call Modern Dental Practice Marketing at 972-781-8861. We can build, customize, and maintain your dental blog. Our experienced dental copywriters understand search engine optimization and dentistry, and we serve dentists and dental industry professionals across the US and in outlying countries.